In 1985, Interfaith Caring Ministries was founded by a group of volunteers. Today, our volunteers continue to play a pivotal role at ICM. Their continued support has allowed ICM to expand our many programs and touch more lives throughout our community. From bagging groceries, providing a welcoming smile at the reception desk to sorting and pricing clothes at our resale shop, our volunteers help make a difference in our client’s lives. An amazing 32,000 volunteers hours were contributed to ICM last year.
Volunteers perform a variety of jobs at ICM. The jobs include:
- Answering the phones and making appointments
- Interviewing clients for need
- Bagging and sorting food in our Food Pantry
- Sorting and arranging donated items at our Resale Shop
- Picking up our Red Barrels located throughout our service area
- Direct mail support including folding, stuffing, and labeling
- Data entry and filing
- Mentoring students at our Webster After School Computer Lab
- Delivering monthly groceries, celebrating birthdays, home visits, and performing minor home repairs for seniors through our Senior Outreach Program
Volunteering at ICM is a great way to have fun and make new friends
while helping out your neighbors in need. Our volunteer positions
range in flexibility from weekly, monthly, to an as needed basis.
All volunteers must be at least 16-years-old. If you are interested
in volunteering, please contact
Annette Snow Falks.
To see a list of current volunteer positions available, please click here.
To download a Volunteer Application, please click here.